- British Committee for the Universities of Palestine letter to Home Secretary - 10 November 2015 Rt Hon Theresa May MP Home Office 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF Dear Minister My colleagues in BRICUP are disturbed to learn that four health professionals from Palestine have been refused permission to attend an academic conference at Kingston University where they are scheduled to present papers, along with a fifth … Continue reading British Committee for the Universities of Palestine letter to Home Secretary
- The Thinking behind the Mental Health Workers’ Pledge for Palestine - Samah Jabr MD and Elizabeth Berger MD, M.Phil THE ISRAELI OCCUPATION OF PALESTINE: In a time of global turmoil surrounding refugee crises in many areas, it is easy to lose sight of the fact that the Palestinians compose one of the largest refugee populations as well as the most longstanding refugee population in the world. … Continue reading The Thinking behind the Mental Health Workers’ Pledge for Palestine
- UKPMHN statement about Gaza clinicians - UK GOVERNMENT PREVENTS CLINICIANS FROM GAZA ATTENDING UK CONFERENCE Next weekend (November 14th15th) an academic and clinical conference is to be held at Kingston University, entitled “Trauma and Resilience in the context of Political Violence”. We have just been informed that the British consular authorities have refused permission for four Palestinian clinicians from Gaza to … Continue reading UKPMHN statement about Gaza clinicians
- Shivering in Gaza- Jan Andreae’s work - I was asked by Amnesty to comment on the documentary Shivering in Gaza, that tells the story of a trauma treatment intervention conducted by Jan Andreae in Gaza. As we know, trauma is the catastrophe of helplessness, and needs an empathic witness. Jan is most certainly an empathic and present witness.
- Mindfulness or Mindlessness in the world of opera - The New York Metropolitan Opera has cancelled the worldwide cinema broadcast of John Adams' The Death of Klinghoffer, after representations by the Anti-Defamation League
- Children used as pawns in an Israeli propaganda gimmick - The BBC colludes in the exploitation of vulnerable Palestinian children
- Internalized Oppression: Yet another Loss for an Occupied Nation - The chronic tyranny brought by the Israeli occupation has had a devastating effect on the wellbeing of the Palestinian community. But one of the worst effects is the internalization of oppression and the undermining of Palestinian’s collective self-concept.